KANSAS CITY (AP)-- Dwayne Evans matched a career high with 21 points, Mike McCall Jr. added 13 and Saint Louis posted a 70-49 victory over Texas A&M on Monday night in the semifinals of the CBE Classic.
||49 - 70
Sprint Center • Kansas City, Mo.
Boxscore: HTML | PDF
|Texas A&M (3-1)
|Saint Louis (2-1)
| Stats at a Glance
|3-Pt FG Percentage
|Points in the Paint
|Points off Turnovers
|Second Chance Points
|Fast Break Points
|E Turner, 16
|E Turner/Roberson, 5
|R Turner, 1
Cory Remekin added 13 points and Cody Ellis finished with 10 for the Billikens (2-1), who will play No. 12 Kansas or Washington State in the championship game Tuesday night.
Elston Turner had 16 points and Ray Turner added 10 for the Aggies (3-1), but Fabyon Harris was just 2 for 10 from the field and Texas A&M committed 19 turnovers while getting out-rebounded 31-25.
Texas A&M Basketball
Saint Louis 70, Texas A&M 49
Nov. 19, 2012 ● Sprint Center (Kansas City, Mo.)
RECORDS & SERIES NOTES
● Texas A&M saw its season-opening
winning streak snapped at three games and fell to 3-1 on the year ... Saint
Louis, meanwhile, improved to 2-1 on the season.
● The Billikens improved to 5-1 in the
all-time series against Texas A&M in men's basketball.
● The Aggies were guilty of a season-high
19 turnovers on the night, leading to 26 Billiken points.
● Texas A&M came into the game ranked
second in the SEC in free throw percentage at .822 as a team but shot just
8-of-18 from the charity stripe in Monday night's contest.
● Saint Louis held a 31-25 advantage in
the rebounding column.
● Senior Elston Turner led the Aggies in
scoring for the 14th time in his career, notching 16 points on
5-of-12 shooting from the floor ... Turner also pulled down five rebounds in the
contest to tie for the team lead with sophomore Kourtney Roberson, who also
● Senior Ray Turner scored 10 points in
the game, giving him the 19th double-figure scoring game of his
● Fellow senior Jarod Jahns set career
highs in minutes played (6), points (6), rebounds (2) and assists (1).
● The Billikens took a 32-23 lead into the
● Texas A&M shot .417 (10-of-24)
during the opening period while SLU shot .393 (11-of-28) from the floor.
● SLU's Cory Remekun led all scorers with
nine points at the break, while Ray Turner made all three of his first half
shots to pace Texas A&M with seven points.
● The Aggies were guilty of seven first
half turnovers, leading to a 12-2 Billiken advantage in points off turnovers.
● The Saint Louis lead reached its apex at
the 4:14 mark of the second half as it took a 65-41 advantage.
● Texas A&M shot .474 (9-of-19) during
the second period while SLU shot a sizzling .667 (14-of-21).
● Elston Turner scored 10 of his 16 points
● The Aggies return to the court at the
Sprint Center on Tuesday to face the loser of tonight's Kansas-Washington State
contest. Tip-off is set for 6:00 p.m. and the game will be streamed live on
● Saint Louis, meanwhile, will face the
winner of the Kansas-Washington State contest on ESPNU at 8:30 p.m.