Aggie Basketball Game #12:
Texas A&M (8-3; 0-0 SEC) vs. Army (6-5; 0-0 Patriot League)
December 29, 2012 · 4:00 p.m. (CT)
Reed Arena (12,989)
College Station, Texas
Ron Thulin, Play-by-Play
Jim Haller, Commentary
-Check with your cable provider for channel number/availability in your area
RADIO: Texas A&M Radio Network
Dave South, Play-by-Play
Al Pulliam, Commentary
Local: WTAW-AM 1620 (College Station/Bryan)
Satellite: Sirius (113) / XM (198)
LIVE AUDIO/STATS: AggieAthletics.com
TICKETS: Available at the door or online at tickets.12thManFoundation.com
COLLEGE STATION, Texas - The Texas A&M men's basketball team returns to the court Saturday to continue its five-game homestand by hosting Army in a 4 p.m. match-up at Reed Arena.
FSN will televise the contest with Ron Thulin and Jim Haller calling all the action from Aggieland. Every Texas A&M basketball game this season will be broadcast, marking a first in program history.
The Aggies enter the contest with an 8-3 record on the season and will be looking to rebound following a loss during their last outing. On the season, Texas A&M has been solid at bouncing back following a setback and holds a 2-0 mark in games after losses.
Saturday's contest will feature discounted tickets as part of Aggie Basketball's "Half-Price Holiday Hoops" promotion. Tickets are available at the door at Reed Arena on game day or online at tickets.12thManFoundations.com.
Army comes to Aggieland with a 6-5 overall record that includes wins in its last two contests, most recently a 90-48 victory over Rosemont last Saturday in West Point, N.Y. The Black Knights are aiming to snap a four-game road losing streak as the trip to College Station begins a stretch of four out of five games away from home.
Texas A&M and Army have never faced one another on the hardwood, but the Aggies have played against current members of the Patriot League on six previous occasions and hold a perfect 6-0 record against the conference membership.
HALF-PRICE HOLIDAY HOOPS
Don't miss your chance to catch a great deal to see all the Aggie basketball action this holiday season with our Half-Price Holiday Hoops promotion.
Included in the promotion are upcoming men's games against Army (Dec. 29), Houston Baptist (Jan. 3) and Arkansas (Jan. 9). Additionally, women's games against Prairie View A&M (Dec. 28), Rice (Jan. 1), Alabama (Jan. 3) and Auburn (Jan. 13) are also part of the promotion.
Visit the Reed Arena box office, the 12th Man Foundation's Ticket Center or call 1-(888)-992-4443 to purchase tickets or get more information.
- Texas A&M and Army have never met on the hardwood, but the Aggies have faced current members of the Patriot League six pervious times and hold a perfect 6-0 record against the conference membership.
- On the offensive end, the A&M shooters have been proficient and rank second in SEC with a .471 team shooting percentage ... The Aggies have shot over 45 percent in six of 11 games and have cracked the 50 percent mark four times.
- As a team, the Aggies lead the conference with a .393 team 3-point percentage.
- A&M senior guard Elston Turner enters Saturday's contest second the SEC in 3-point field goal percentage, shooting an impressive .441 from long range ... the Sacramento, Calif., native leads the Aggies and ranks 10th in the league in scoring at 15.9 points per game.
- Turner will be looking to continue a trend of scoring consistency during which he has reached double-digit totals in points each game this season including a pair of career-high setting 26-point performances, most recently on Dec. 1 during a victory at Houston.
- The Aggie defense has also been solid this season, holding opponents to under 40 percent shooting seven times and under 35 percent from the floor on three occasions ... Texas A&M ranks fifth in the SEC by holding its opponents to a combined .388 shooting percentage this season.
- Saturday's game is a part of A&M's "Half-Price Holiday Hoops" promotion and fans can purchase discounted tickets for the game at the Reed Arena Box Office or by contacting the 12th Man Foundation at (888) 992-4443 or on-line at www.12thmanfoundation.com/ticket-center.
REED ARENA SUCCESS
- A&M is 63-13 at Reed Arena since the start of the 2008-09 season with a 22-11 mark in conference games.
- The Aggies are 97-18 (.843) at home since the start of the 2006-07 season and are 130-23 (.850) since the start of the 2004-05 campaign.
- A&M has won 45 of its last 51 home games against unranked opponents (15 of last 19 in conference play).
- A&M is 171-64 (.728) in 14 seasons at Reed Arena ... the Aggies were 41-41 the first six years at Reed and are 130-23 since.
- Texas A&M are 6-1 in non-conference games at Reed Arena this season ... a loss to Southern on Dec. 22 snapped a seven-game winning streak against non-conference foes at Reed.
- The Aggies are 106-11 (.910) all-time in non-conference games inside the facility, which hosted its first basketball game in the fall of 1998 ... a loss to Rice on Dec. 22, 2011, snapped A&M's 67-game non-conference home win streak at Reed Arena (which dated back to the start of the 2005-06 season) and 80-game regular-season, non-conference home win streak (which dated back to 2003), both school records.