Played in two matches and two sets overall…Made her A&M debut and posted the first kill of her collegiate career in a 3-0 victory against Tulane…Also saw action in one set at Mississippi State on Nov. 26 and recorded her first career dig.
PREVIOUS ATHLETIC EXPERIENCE
Played outside hitter at Lake Travis High School where she was coached by former Aggie volleyball player Jennifer (Wells) Kazmierski...Named District 15-5A honorable mention as a senior...Was a member of the 2013 Texas Girls Coaches Association All-State Academic Team...Played seven years of club volleyball for Austin Juniors.
Olivia J’von Thorpe is the daughter of Otis and Donella Thorpe...Has one younger brother, Daniel...Her father was drafted by the Kansas City Kings as the ninth overall pick in the first round of the 1984 NBA Draft and played seventeen seasons in the league, winning an NBA championship with Houston Rockets in 1994...Began playing volleyball when she was 11 years old...Was a volunteer at the Austin Humane Society, career ambition is to be a veterinarian...Plans to major in biology...Born May, 2, 2996 in Port Arthur, Texas.
THORPE UP CLOSE
- Favorite class subject: Biology
- Favorite quote: “The first step is you have to say that you can.” ~Will Smith
- Favorite volleyball player: Giba
- Favorite app: Snapchat
- Favorite musical artist: I love too many to pick one
- Favorite food: Bread Pudding
- Favorite TV show: Scandal
- Favorite movies: All the Marvel superhero movies or Forest Gump
- Favorite part about the sport of volleyball: Defense
- Favorite piece of advice: “Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too.” ~Will Smith
- My nickname is: Liv, O, Olive, Liviosa, Livers, and many more
- The person who has had the greatest impact on my athletic career: Kathy Lietzke
- The accomplishment (athletic or non-athletic) that I am most proud of: Getting into Texas A&M :)
- The person I would most like to meet: Will Smith
- Song played most on my iPod: Changes all the time but right now it’s “We Are One” by Frankie Beverly and Maze
- When I was little, I dreamed of being a: Veterinarian
- If you could be a super hero, who would you be and why: Any one of the Avengers or Spiderman. I can’t pick a favorite.
- Early bird or night owl: Neither. Sleep is a beautiful thing
- Something I've always wanted to do but haven't: Go on a year-long journey around the world
- The reality show I would most like to participate in is: Dancing with the Stars
- I can’t believe I watch this show: Adventure Time
- Few people know that I: Appreciate all types of music
- My hidden talent(s): I wish I could say I play the guitar. But I don’t. So none
- My most prized possession: My dogs; if you count them as possessions
- My most annoying habit: I make dozens of online shopping carts and never actually buy anything
- After I graduate, I plan to: Go to vet school
- My dream job is: To be head Veterinarian at either the San Diego Zoo Rehabilitation Center or Disney’s Animal Kingdom