|2014 Texas A&M Track & Field Camp|
|Track & Field Camp||July 13-16||Boys & Girls||8-18||$525||Register Now||Brochure|
“The Texas A&M Track and Field Camp has a simple mission: to provide world-class instruction to track athletes of all levels in a fun environment in order to raise the performance level and further the athletic development of every participant. Technical skills will be taught by our distinguished Texas A&M coaching staff, select Aggie athletes, and expert guest instructors, under my direction. Training will take place in our brand new, world-class indoor facility, the McFerrin Center. Athletes will leave the camp with sound, fundamental knowledge about their events which they can continue to apply to their own training environment. We look forward to seeing you in Aggieland!” – Pat Henry
- for boys and girls, ages 8-18
- emphasis: fundamentals for track and field, specific skill instruction for emerging and elite athletes
- event areas instructed: will stress a wide variety of track and athletic disciplines, including sprints, hurdles, relays, jumps (high jump, long jump, triple jump, pole vault), and throws (shot, discus, hammer, javelin). No distance events will be instructed.
- cost: $525 before registration deadline (payment must be postmarked by July 9, 2014). Late registration cost is $600 (if payment postmarked after July 9, 2014).
- check-in: Sunday, July 13 – 3 to 5 p.m.
- check-out: Wednesday, July 16 – 12 p.m.
- facility: beat the heat and train in climate-controlled comfort! The state-of-the-art McFerrin Indoor Track Center is designed for track and field and is the future home of the 2017 and 2018 NCAA Indoor Track & Field Championships.
- facility highlights: Features a Mondo Super X surface, a synthetic rubber material that provides high-quality shock absorption, skid resistance, force reduction and overall comfort for athletes. This is the same that was used for track and field events at the 2008 Olympic Games. The six-lane, 200-meter track is hydraulically banked and can be adjusted to any level.