** available after 11:30 PM CT per SEC rules
COLUMBIA, Mo. (AP) -- Henry Josey broke loose for the go-ahead score on a 57-yard run with 3:34 to go and No. 5 Missouri wrapped up the SEC East, riding a strong second half to a 28-21 victory over No. 19 Texas A&M on Saturday night.
Missouri (11-1, 7-1 SEC) advances to the conference championship game against Auburn.
Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel was held in check for the second straight week, throwing one touchdown pass and rushing for 21 yards on 11 carries. He was 24 for 35 for 195 yards.
Texas A&M has one of the worst defenses against the run in the nation, allowing 221 yards per game. Until Josey's breakaway run, the Aggies had done a nice job.
Starting from its 34, Josey carried for 4 yards and quarterback James Franklin ran for 5 yards. Josey busted free up the middle on third-and-1.
Texas A&M never threatened the rest of the game.
Tra Carson broke two tackles on a 31-yard scoring run that was also the first touchdown allowed by Missouri in the first quarter in six games. Derel Walker's 32-yard reception made it 14-7 late in the half.
Walker's score came just 1:10 after Franklin's 38-yard touchdown pass to L'Damian Washington. Manziel rolled out to buy time and Michael Sam tackled him a beat too late.
Early in the second quarter, Missouri failed to capitalize on a lost fumble by punt returner De'Vante Harris at the A&M 36. Backup Maty Mauk got his usual early series at quarterback and Missouri lost a yard on three plays before punting.
ABOUT THE GAME...
• The Aggies fell to 8-4 overall and 4-4 in Southeastern Conference play.
• A&M’s record against Missouri fell to 8-6 all-time, and the two teams have split the two games as SEC members. The Aggies fell to 2-3 in games played in Columbia.
• It marked the first time that A&M has lost consecutive games in the Kevin Sumlin era.
• It was the first loss in a night game during the Sumlin era. The Aggies were 11-0 prior to tonight.
Claiborne shines, Climbs chart
• True freshman LB Darian Claiborne posted the fifth double-digit tackle game of the season with 10 stops against the Tigers. After 12 games, Claiborne moved into a tie with senior Steven Jenkins for the team lead with 89 tackles.
TAMU Freshman Tackle Leaders
Mike Little (1978).............. 105
Dat Nguyen (1995).............. 94
Darian Claiborne (2013)...... 89
• Freshman defenders combined for 24 tackles vs. the Tigers
• True freshman DE Jay Arnold contributed a game-high two QB sacks.
• Ray Guy Award finalist Drew Kaser had a strong day with a 44.8 average on a career-high eight punts. He put three boots inside the Mizzou 20-yard line and had three 50-yard plus efforts.
12th MAN, POLO, CAPTAINS, COIN TOSS
• For the 12th straight game, sophomore defensive back Sam Moeller was the 12th Man.
• Wearing the #90 jersey in memory of fallen teammate Polo Manukainiu was junior gavin stansbury (normally wears #72). Manukainiu died in a tragic car accident last summer.
• The Aggies’ team captains at the coin toss were senior captains Toney Hurd Jr., Ben Malena and Jake Matthews. Texas A&M won the toss and elected to receive.