TULSA, Oklahoma – After tying for sixth place at the NCAA West Regional, the Texas A&M women’s golf team begins play at the 2014 NCAA Women’s Golf Championship on Tuesday, May 20 at Tulsa Country Club. Action takes place through Friday, May 23 on the par 70, 6,194 yard championship course, with a single round scheduled for each day.
TEXAS A&M AGGIES at the 2014 NCAA Women’s Golf Championship
Tuesday, May 20 – Friday, May 24, 2014
Tulsa Country Club
Par 70, 6,194 yards
GolfStat.com – Live scoring
NCAA.com – Video webcast of the final three holes Thursday and Friday
AggieAthletics.com – Daily results and recaps
Twitter - @AggieWomensGolf
Facebook – facebook.com/aggiewomensgolf
For ticket information, visit http://www.tulsahurricane.com/ot/wgolf-ncaa-tickets.html
Aggies at the NCAA Championship
· Texas A&M is making its 12th all-time appearance at the NCAA Championship (1982, 1984, 1985, 1997, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014).
· The Aggies earned a trip to nationals for the fourth time in the last five seasons and fifth time in head coach Trelle McCombs' seven seasons in Aggieland.
· Sophomore Katerina Ruzickova tied for sixth in 2011 to mark the best individual finish at the NCAA Championship in program history.
· Two players in this year's lineup have NCAA Championship experience including seniors Natalie Reeves (2) and Ruzickova (2).
Texas A&M Lineup
Name Ht. Class Tourneys Rds Avg. vs. Par
Andrea Jonama 5-6 Fr. 10 29 75.17 +4
Chelsea Mocio 5-7 Sr. 8 23 76.43 +5
Marijosse Navarro 5-2 Fr. 5 14 73.00 +1
Natalie Reeves 5-4 Sr. 4 12 74.58 +3
Katerina Ruzickova 5-11 Sr. 10 29 73.21 +2
The Field and the Format
· The top eight teams and top two individuals from each of the three regionals advanced to the 2014 NCAA Championship for a total of 24 teams.
· Alabama, Arizona, Arizona State, Cal, Duke Campbell, Florida, Iowa State, Kansas, Michigan State, Mississippi State, North Carolina State, Northwestern, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Stanford, Southern Cal, South Carolina, Texas A&M, Tulane, UCLA, Vanderbilt, Virginia and Washington.
· Individuals include Hayley Davis (Baylor), Clariss Guce (CSU-Northridge), Tonje Daffinrud (Denver), Gabriella Wahl (East Tennessee State), Wad Phaewchimplee (Kent State) and Dana Finkelstein (UNLV).
· The tournament is 72 holes of stroke play (18 each day).
· Texas A&M is paired with Tulane and Arizona for the first two rounds. On Tuesday, the Aggies tee off from the 10th hole at 7:30 p.m. (CT). A&M's round Wednesday starts from the first tee at 11:50 a.m. (CT).