Aggie Basketball Game #2:
Mississippi Valley State (0-1) at Texas A&M (1-0)
Nov. 11, 2013 · 7:00 p.m. (CT)
Reed Arena (12,989)
College Station, Texas
TV: FSN (AggieAthletics.com/TV)
Ron Thulin, Play-by-Play
Jim Haller, Commentary
RADIO: Texas A&M Radio Network
Dave South, Play-by-Play
Mike Caruso, Commentary
Local: WTAW-AM 1620 (College Station/Bryan)
LIVE AUDIO/STATS: AggieAthletics.com
LIVE MOBLIE LIVE STATS: tamustats.com
TICKETS: Available at the door or online at tickets.12thManFoundation.com
COLLEGE STATION – After opening the new season with a victory over Buffalo on Friday, the Texas A&M men’s basketball team returns to the court Monday night when it hosts Mississippi Valley State at Reed Arena in a 7 p.m. contest.
The game will be televised on FSN with Ron Thulin (play-by-play) and Jim Haller (commentary) calling the action. Check with your cable provider for availability and channel listing or log on to ESPN3.com to watch a live stream. The game can also be heard on the Texas A&M Radio Network with local coverage in Bryan/College Station on WTAW (1620 AM).
Monday is also scout night at Reed Arena and all scouts are admitted for just $5 with a promo code.
The Aggies featured a balanced scoring attack during their season-opening win over Buffalo, as five players - Jordan Green (15), Kourtney Roberson (15), Shawn Smith (13), Alex Caruso (11) and Antwan Space (11) - reached double figure scoring.
Roberson produced his third career double-double in the victory, chalking up a career-best 15 points to go along with 11 rebounds. Joining Roberson in registering a new personal best in points was Green, who was aggressive and proficient on the offensive end by going 6-of-7 on field goal attempts.
Starting at the point guard spot, Caruso tied his career-high with eight assists and no turnovers in 33 minutes of action.
The Delta Devils, meanwhile, come to College Station 0-1 after falling during their season debut at Oklahoma State on Friday night.
• Texas A&M featured a balanced scoring attack during the season opening victory over Buffalo Friday night ... A&M had five players reach double-digit scoring - Jordan Green (15), Kourtney Roberson (15), Shawn Smith (13), Alex Caruso (11) and Antwan Space (11).
• The Aggies return three starters (Alex Caruso, Fabyon Harris and Kourtney Roberson) and six total letterwinners (Caruso, Jordan Green, Harris, Blake McDonald, J-Mychal Reese and Roberson) ... Overall, A&M returns 51.8 percent of its scoring output from the 2012-13 campaign, highlighted by second-leading scorer Fabyon Harris, who averaged 12.0 points per game a year ago.
• The Aggies are 109-11 (.908) all-time in non-conference games inside Reed Arena, which hosted its first basketball game in the fall of 1998.
• Texas A&M and Mississippi Valley State have met twice before on the hardwood with the Aggies winning both previous meetings ... Most recently, A&M defeated the Delta Devils 84-53 on Nov. 22, 2005, inside Reed Arena.
• Head coach Billy Kennedy returns for his third season in Aggieland ... in his 16th overall season as a head coach, Kennedy owns a 244-212 (.535) career record ... The two-time Ohio Valley Coach of the Year has enjoyed success at previous head coaching positions at Murray State, Southeastern Louisiana and Centenary before taking his current position at A&M.
• Kennedy has never faced Mississippi Valley State as a head coach.
SCOUTING MISSISSIPPI VALLEY STATE
• Mississippi Valley State is coming off a 5-23 season in 2012-13 that saw it finish ninth in the SWAC with a 5-13 league mark ... The team was picked ninth in the SWAC in the league's preseason poll.
• The Delta Devils opened their season Friday night by facing No. 8 Oklahoma State at Gallagher-Iba Arena in Stillwater ... The Cowboys earned a 117-62 victory, shooting a sizzling 61.3 percent from the floor.
• Head coach Chico Potts is in his second season at the helm of the MVSU program and holds a 5-24 record at the school.
SERIES HISTORY MISSISSIPPI VALLEY STATE (A&M LEADS 2-0)
• Monday marks the third time the Aggies & Delta Devils will square off on the hardwood.
• A&M head coach Billy Kennedy has never faced Mississippi Valley State at Texas A&M or in previous head coaching stops at Murray State, Southeastern Louisiana and Centenary.
• The first meeting the series took place in Santa Clara, Calif., on Dec. 28, 2002, during the Cable Car Classic ... The Aggies earned 65-56 win.
• Most recently, the two schools faced off at Reed Arena on Nov. 22, 2005, with A&M defeating MVSU 84-53 ... Acie Law IV led the way for the Aggies with a game-high 30 points in the win.
• Texas A&M is 38-2 all time against the current members of the SWAC.
AGGIE BASKETBALL SEASON TICKETS
An affordable option for the whole family, season tickets begin as low as $100 and feature new pricing options for men’s games. To order season tickets or to get more information, contact the 12th Man Foundation by phone at 888-992-4443 or online at www.12thManFoundation.com.
MOBILE LIVE STATS
Fans can access official live statistics on their mobile devices of all Texas A&M basketball home games and select road games by visiting tamustats.com
2013-14 TEXAS A&M MEN’S BASKETBALL MEDIA GUIDE
Fans can get a deeper look at the 2013-14 Aggie basketball team with this season’s media guide. The guide features in-depth player and coach profiles, a 2012-13 season in review, a look at this year’s opponents, program records and an overview of the history of Aggie basketball.
Check out the 2013-14 Texas A&M Men’s Basketball Media Guide