Students interested in attempting to walk on to the Aggie football team this spring need to know the following information:
Tuesday, February 11
3:00 p.m. CT
Hagner Auditorium (Located in the Bright Football Complex)
- You must currently be enrolled in at least 12 hours of class at Texas A&M, College Station (Full-Time Students).
- Your cumulative GPA must be at least a 2.0 and meet the percentage for degree requirement established by the NCAA.
- Must have played High School Football
- Must have at least 2 years of eligibility left (could not have enrolled prior to 2010).
- Your class schedule has to be set so that you can attend practices/meetings and weight lifting times.
- Must be cleared on eligibility issues, by compliance, and by medical staff.
- Spots are not guaranteed. We have a roster limit and reserve the right to make cuts.
- If you don't make the team this time, you can try out again at a later walk-on tryout date.
- All prospective walk-on candidates must have a physical within the past six months and know their Sickle Cell status prior to any try-out.
- These candidates may utilize the current UIL physical form for the medical history and physical.
- All candidates must either obtain their Sickle Cell test result from their physician or have a blood test done by their physician.
- ALL PLAYERS INTERESTED IN TRYING OUT MUST BE IN ATTENDANCE AT THE MANDATORY MEETING IN ORDER TO TRYOUT - NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Walk-on Tryouts: Tuesday, Feb. 18 (3 p.m. CT - ) – McFerrin Indoor Football Facility
- Kickers/Punters/Long Snappers: After practice on the first day of spring football (Date/Time/Location TBD)