Welcome to the official online home of the Texas Aggie Dance Team!
The Texas Aggie Dance Team was founded in 1990 as a student organization. During the 1995-1996 school year, the Aggie Dance Team became a support/spirit group for Texas A&M athletics. Since then, the dance team has become one of Aggieland's brightest traditions. The team consists of approximately 20 students that wish to continue their dance careers while entertaining the sport fans at A&M men's and women's basketball games. The dance team is under its second director, Mrs. Courtney Mills.
What We Do...
The team has become a support group for the Texas A&M men's and women's basketball teams. They perform half-time and timeout routines at all home games, and travel to post season tournaments. In addition to performing at all of the men's and women's home basketball games, the Texas Aggie Dance Team has performed at professional sports arenas during Houston Rockets, Dallas Mavericks, and Dallas Desperados games. The team also performs at Bryan-College Station Community events and high school dance competitions.
Members of the team practice 10-15 hours a week during the normal school year. Practices consist of technique training, learning choreography and rehearsing for performances. Like other athletic teams, the Texas Aggie Dance Team uses weight and cardiovascular training for better strength and endurance. Attendance is mandatory at all performances and practices.
The Texas Aggie Dance Team comes second only to academics. Texas A&M University is an exemplary academic institution, and our members traditionally are able to balance school and practice very well. In fact, several of our members hold above a 3.5 GPR and have won numerous academic awards while representing the University as Texas Aggie Dance Team members.
Photos will be posted here soon.
Please email email@example.com to update your alumni contact information.
Tryouts are usually held in the summer. Please check this page in the spring for updated information.
2015 Aggie Dance Team Performance Camp
- When: January 31, 2015 (Camp 11:30-2:30 & game starts at 3:30)
- Where: Student Recreation Center on TAMU Campus (Camp), Reed Arena (Game)
- Cost: $50.00 (includes a performance t-shirt, lunch, and a basketball ticket for the participant)
- What to Bring: Please wear black dance pants and dance/tennis shoes. Bring a water bottle and a small bag with the participant's name on it. Completed medical waiver.
Participants ages 6-12 will learn a dance that will be performed with the Aggie Dance Team at half time of the Aggie Men’s Basketball game at 3:30 p.m.
- The Student Rec Center is located at the intersection of Olsen Blvd. and John Kimbrough Blvd. next to the baseball field and across the street from Reed Arena
- Please park in the meter spots at the Student Rec Center or in the parking garage
- Come in with your camper for registration
- You are welcome to stay, but there is no seating in the dance area
- We will take the participants over to the game, you do not need to pick them up from the Rec Center
- Parking for the game is $5.00
- If you or other guests need a ticket to the game, please click here to buy tickets or you can purchase tickets at the door
- The camp participants will sit as a group for the first half of the game
- Parents may come sign out their child anytime between the 15 minute mark on the game clock until 15 minutes after the game
2015 Aggie Dance Team Dance Camp
- When: February 28, 2015 (10:00am-1:00pm)
- Where: Student Recreation Center on TAMU Campus
- Cost: $30.00
- What to Bring: Bring a water bottle and a completed medical waiver.
Come learn from the Aggie Dance Team! Improve your jazz technique and learn a fun hip hop routine! Dance camp is for ages 13 and up. This camp is geared for the high school or college student dancer interested in auditioning for a college dance team.
WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO STAY FOR THE MEN’S BASKETBALL GAME AT 7:30 PM. Click here to buy tickets.
- Participants under 18 will need to have a parent/guardian available for check in and check out of the camp
- The Student Rec Center is located at the intersection of Olsen Blvd. and John Kimbrough Blvd. Next to the baseball field and across the street from Reed Arena
- Please park in the metered spaces or in the parking garage at the REC center
- We suggest that you bring both jazz shoes and tennis shoes